[Swansea Hackspace] Logos

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Sat Apr 6 13:01:40 BST 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 20:06 +0100, Tom Lloyd wrote:
> Evening all,
>

> As promised, I've come up with a few candidate logos for our fledgling
> group.  You can find them here, along with my initial ideas page which
> I used as a sort of mood board:
>
> https://sucs.org/~tlloyd87/hackspace/
>

> All 3 designs feature a hammer and soldering iron.  No particular
> reason for this, but they represent what we're about fairly well, and
> have distinctive silhouettes for that blocky "no frills" look.
>
> I've tried not to be constrained by the "Big H" hackspace design -
> while there's nothing inherently wrong with it there are only so many
> variations you can make, and I see no reason why we shouldn't deviate
> if we want to.  In any case, logo3 should look somewhat familiar :)

I am rather fond of the "Big H", it is already well establish as meaning
hackspace, what i was really hoping for was something that would
hint/suggest Swansea about it.

Taking just the city logo shade of red isnt enough on its own as its too
similar a shade to the original logo, hence wanting an additional tweak.

i have mashed together logo 3, the big H and the city colour, but i fear
its still not quite right somehow.

http://sucs.org/~arthur/hackspace/