[Swansea Hackspace] What do you want from a hackspace?

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Fri Jan 25 16:01:31 GMT 2013

On 25/01/13 15:18, Dan Craggs wrote:
> To pick up on Callum's suggestion of meeting to discuss this, I'm up for
> that whenever people feel it's reached that stage. ("That stage" feels
> somewhat arbitrary.)

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves. I would prefer to build a clear
agenda before we start organising meetings or we'll have nothing to
discuss :) The way forward is pretty clear and we have to get the first
few challenges out of the way before we can progress. The immediate
goals being:

1. Build a critical mass of interested people
2. Find a suitable location for the space

Those goals are obviously entangled in that the number of people we get
on board puts a limit on our finances and thus on the rent we can pay,
so we have to plug away at both of them at the same time.

So let's have ongoing discussions about how best to achieve (1) and (2)
and let's do it on-list so that nobody is left out.

I'm not sure how many folks are on the list now but last time I nudged
Justin it was around 20. How do we reach more people?

Andy