[Swansea Hackspace] Re: Hackspace Digest, Vol 6, Issue 6

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Jun 18 21:06:32 BST 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 13:29 +0100, Tim Moore wrote:
> Most constructive event last night !  In every sense of the word !
> *LOL*
>
> Busy downloading the Linux version of the software needed.
>
> I've got a couple of 12F1840 on order but got stuck on the two usb
> gizmo’s that  were needed.
>
> 1_   the usb to +5V adapter and
>
> 2_  the MPLAB to breadboard programming tool.
>
> Anyone got any thoughts on an Ebay (or anywhere else) link to get
> them ?

The usb-serial port that we were abusing for power is a PL2303HX
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321090000590

The Programming device i was using was a PICkit 2
Official ones can be quite expensive, but there are many cheap clone
versions that work just the same.

The cheapest ones i see on ebay come from china, so expect a couple of
weeks lead time on those.