[Swansea Hackspace] Hackspace Digest, Vol 9, Issue 7

Carter N. N.Carter at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 13:50:18 BST 2013

>Other possible sources of funding include membership dues, donations and grants.

I'd add "repair service" to that.

I dare say that there are many people with equipment that they'd rather repair than replace; perhaps it's of sentimental value, obscure, or very expensive to replace.

I have a variety of electrical devices that are no longer fully functional, but repairing them requires resources beyond my own. I'd be willing to pay for such a service, especially since most repair shops will take on only commonplace devices. Might make for a source of interesting and rewarding projects; reuniting someone with the use of something they'd given up on, not to mention saving landfill.

Cheers,

Neil