[Swansea Hackspace] Promoting Hackspace and objectives

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Wed Sep 11 14:36:38 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 13:59 +0100, roger wrote:
> Hi there
> I have been looking for a similar activity. Glad to see people are being
> pro active in Swansea.

> 1: When is the next meetup.
Monday 23rd September 7pm, likely in the Pub on the Pond again

We alternate between social and technical meetings, meeting every other
week.

> 2: Is there a plan as far as how you are going to structure the club /
> charity/
Nothing definite yet, we have had various discussions about it, and
there are lots of guidelines from existing spaces, but there seems
little point in formalising before we get closer to acquiring a space.

> Have you a current location to base the organisation.

At the moment we hold technical meetings in rooms around the university,
and social meetings wherever works best, although we have members that
are actively chasing some potential homes for us, but we don't have
anything just yet.

> How many people do you have so far.
There are 57 people on the mailing list, and 73 on the facebook page,
and i would guess a pool of about 15-20 people who attend meetings
semi-regularly.