[Swansea Hackspace] Locks & Lockpicking

Graham Owens grahamowensuk at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:19:23 BST 2014

Hi guys (gender neutral version)

Are any of you interested in locks, and lockpicking?  I know that it is a common pastime in many hackspaces and just wondered if anyone has an interest in the subject.

I have a few simple cheapy locks that I can open using homemade picks etc.  What I am proposing is that we could have a little box for locks that people can share to practice on, so we can get experience of different types of locks and mechanisms?

Comments?

Ps please be aware that it carrying a lockpick in the UK, is illegal unless you can prove that you have a good reason to be carrying them - so DO NOT bring lockpicks to the space - or you can be charged with 'going equipped'. I am merely suggesting a box to share old  locks and potential topic for discussion.

Thanks

Graham