[Swansea Hackspace] TechHub Digital signage/Info Display System

Paul Harwood paul at harwood-leon.com
Fri Aug 15 13:27:56 BST 2014

Hello Alan,

Good advice for the power consumption as they would be on most of the time. A motion sensor would have limited value I would guess because most signage is read from such a distance usually (or even behind glass doors). So I will ensure the monitors are low power.

As for security
- physical tampering/removal
- basic hacking protection (ssh keys etc...) Mainly because they will be on the internal network. People might find it fun to mess with them, wont be fun if they break them, or embarrass us with naughty images. Not sure whether they would be externally available so no need for DDoS protection probably, internally we can track DoS.

Ta fo the PICadillo link, looks really good.

Cheers

-- Paul