[Swansea Hackspace] Todays KiCad Tutorial

Graham Owens grahamowensuk at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 21:38:18 BST 2014

Just like to say a big thank you to Justin for the tutorial of KiCad, where
I learned a lot, had fun talking with the guys, and it was nice to Macs,
Linux boxes and Windows boxes all running the same software and following
the same tutorial.

As a daily user of Schematic Capture and Board Layout, if have to admit
that I liked KiCad very much - although some of the features were quite
difficult to find, but once we found them they were pretty straight forward.

The program is unlimited and allows multi sheet schematics and multi board
PCBs with my favourite pricetag (free).

The output from the program included industry standard Gerber & Drill files
as well as a variety of common vector image formats such as SVG.

If i get a chance during next week, I will run off a board that was
produced with KiCad and bring it to the space for people to see.