[Swansea Hackspace] arduino starter kit

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 15:29:00 BST 2014

> > You might want to add a cheap EEPROM, includes a feel for I2C this way
> > (or SPI).
> not sure how interesting an EEPROM would be, maybe a cheap SDCARD

I would have thought flash over eeprom

> module, but they tend to be a bit expensive in this context, and also
> often 3.3v logic.

SD is 3.3v so for Ardweenies you need a level shifter. Works great on
most of the other platforms (Papilio, PI etc). In SPI mode the buffering
is unidirectional for each line and not too hard, plus you only need one
extra line per extra device you put on the same bus (although possibly
quad 32GB SD card is excessive on an Arduino!)

You can get SD 3.3v boards very very cheap from China (think I paid £5 or
so a combo SPI and 320x240 3.3v SPI LCD board).

Alan