[Swansea Hackspace] Saturday 6th

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 16:11:49 GMT 2014

No planned workshops this saturday, as far as I am aware,
but I should be there for a few hours after lunch

I have a box full of random pieces of acrylic to throw at the CNC mill
if anyone wants to have a go at that (bring SVG or STL models to cut)

and i want to experiment with moving some of the furniture around, to
see if we can create some additional workspace, and leave a solder
station permanently set up.

We also really need to find a -cheap- source for sacrificial material
for the mill, roughly A5 and A4 pieces of mdf/ply/whatever, so that when
we cut through PCBs or Acrylic the bit has something to dig into other
than the hard metal work bed.

Is someone able to investigate local wood suppliers and enquire about
offcuts, i'm just nowhere near swansea during office hours these days so
cant do it myself