[Swansea Hackspace] Swnasea HackSpace forum...

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 16:00:07 BST 2014

------ On 15:27, 10th Jul 2014, Justin Mitchell  wrote: ------

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 15:18 +0100, Emyr Morris wrote:

> It could be adjusted so replies went back to the list by default...
> but it is no hardship to click on REPLY ALL. After you do it once it
> becomes second nature.

Some mailers, eg evolution, have 'reply to list' 'reply to sender'
'replay to all' as separate options.

There are long running debates about whether the default should be
reply-to-list or not, bit of a holy war topic, i can change it if enough
people prefer, just means you shift the accidents the other way.

Having reply to list means it being easier to get a list going. We don't have that problem!
It shifts the accidents to a more dangerous direction.
Many years ago I remember some accidentally sending a job recomendation to one list I was on
It was indelicately worded and caused absolute mayhem.
I thnk the default is correct.

Neil