[Swansea Hackspace] 3D printer electronics, is this any good?

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 12:55:24 BST 2014

ON 12:17, 15TH JUL 2014, EMYR MORRIS _WROTE:_
_ _
you can toggle the website to WELSH!!!! Oh thats it - I am in heaven!

Da iawn Ali Express!

_------------------_

I just tried it. It actually uses Google translate so it produces Sgymraeg like "112 bleidleisiau" instead of "112 pleidlais"

For those who dont know "Sgymraeg" is a combination of the Welsh word for the Welsh language

"Cymraeg" and the English word "scum". It is used for the kind of stuff that appears all to frequently on signage.
Like this hilarious example . A blogger from somewhere in Wales picked up on my photograph taken on the Kingsway and published in the magazine Golwg and blogged about it. http://amlwchmagor.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/but-officer-sign-told-me-to.html [1]

Other examples are shops selling "Traffic Jam and Marmalade" and labelling whisky, gin ,vodka etc as "ghosts" not "spirits", a school entrance being labelled not "Pupil and staff entrance" but "pupil and stave thrown into a trance" and "Cyclists dismount" becoming "Inflammation of the bladder overturn."

_On 15 July 2014 12:14, Justin Mitchell  wrote:_

 On Tue, 2014-07-15 at 12:06 +0100, djdavies83 wrote:

 > http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121320602722&alt=web [3]

 Sounds a bit expensive.

 If your willing to wait a couple of weeks anyway (that listing was AUS)

 then Compare against this :-

 http://www.aliexpress.com/item//1487027133.html [4]

 add ons to that are the heatbed (about ?6)

 and a timing belt and pulleys (about £5)

 shop around a bit for RAMPS 1.4 kits and youll find ones with more

 graphical LCDs as well.

Mob: 07836 267426

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Maer e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir gydag ef yn gyfrinachol ac at ddefnydd yr unigolyn neur corff y cyfeiriwyd hwy atynt yn unig.

Links:
------
[1] http://amlwchmagor.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/but-officer-sign-told-me-to.html
[2] http://emailpro3.freeola.com/webmail/compose?to%5B%5D=justin@discordia.org.uk