[Swansea Hackspace] Visual Programming Languages -Marten?

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Fri Jul 18 15:33:21 BST 2014

a Netduino has a more visual environment

http://netduino.com/

Netdino has the same form factor as your arduino shield so there is a world
of stuff out there to partner with it.

I have a mac so .Net does not rock my boat at all ;-)

Scratch on the pi has libs to contact to the real world GPIO Rpi pins as
well

On 18 July 2014 15:13, Ian Bullfrog <sevendev.tk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, just been looking at some *visual...programm..yeah, as above*
>
> and after checking out the likes of
>
> http://lunduke.com/2011/06/29/visual-programming-options-compared/
> (classy site huh?)
>
> I noticed this one
>
> http://www.andescotia.com/products/marten/
>
> Marten, and was thinking of giving it a try.
> it , apparently, can also export its code as C .. with libraries.
>
> anyone (on mac or otherwise) have experience of it ?
>
> I was then wondering.....if it could be used to build Arduino Software
> (which is C ish)
>
> so building block physical project
> building block software control.
>
> that would be an interesting prototyping model.
>
> :)
>
> ok thats all, if anyone has any info on it (or another/better/different)
> MAC osx compatible VISUAL
> programming language, let me know.
>
> cheers

Mob: 07836 267426