[Swansea Hackspace] HAM Radio - Foundation Licence course Carmarthen

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Thu Nov 6 11:51:30 GMT 2014

hello there

I know Tim said to me a while ago he was interested in becoming a Ham, so
this is just a heads up in case anybody else is interested in doing the
Foundation Licence.

Carmarthen Amateur Radio Society are taking a XYL through her foundation at
the moment and will probably do the one day course and exam soon. There are
a couple of practical things to do, appreciation of morse etc hence why
there is a need for a very short course.

If anybody is interested in tagging on, all they ask is you at least join
the club - there is no other fee to pay, and the membership is just £10 for
a year. (if you attend a meeting they expect you to throw a quid in for a
cup of tea and a biscuit)

Let me know if you are interested and I can pass on the details of Trevor
and Allan who are running the course.

All the best

Emyr