[Swansea Hackspace] IP Networking query

Graham Owens grahamowensuk at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:14:29 GMT 2014

What phone do you have?

Do you have the sky/bt/virgin/etc app installed, as when I had my iphone, if I wax near any bt router (including peoples home routers) it automatically connected and used their WiFi. Cant remember the name if the service, but it was a case of I could connect to other peoples WiFi in exchange they were able to connect to mine.  Perhaps someone with a bt router can confirm, it shows up as a separate access point.

That's the only way I can think if that you could maintain WiFi over that distance.  When you install the app on an iphone it installs some certificate script thing, I assume android is similar?