[Swansea Hackspace] Key fob suggestion/idea

Graham Owens grahamowensuk at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 8 02:11:45 GMT 2014

If we can organise it, would anyone be averse to having a second fob issued to each member of the space, one that we can use internally and have full control over to preparing us for future projects.

Examples would be, when people enter or leave the space, so that it is logged, but also so we can start doing some live stats on the website, such as 'there are currently "6" people in the hackspace'

A basis for a cashless vending machine for things like arduinos, or snacks.

Controls for the machine tools/3d printers etc.  once people are trained on a machine it is added to their profile and allows the machine to be used.

Project box packing robot, a robot that retrieves your project box when presented with your fob.

These are obviously just suggestions, and are more for the long term.  I would say use the existing fobs, but if we need to move to larger space in the future then our existing fobs would have to be returned and would be an administration nightmare.

In a nutshell, im proposing that we start building a framework that can grow with us.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated

As many of you know, im all about the graphing of data and would love to see more stats on the website like visits per day, visits by hour, maximum at one time etc