[Swansea Hackspace] ok wont be in.

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 19:47:59 GMT 2014

havent heard from the space, webcams down so not sure whats going on
tonight, so shall give it a miss.
was called Emyr to see if he was going... his brake lights have failed
on car, so you may/may not see him too.
if Dr Tim is there...say HI TIM... to him for me.

will try again.

ps.
Got the sensor kit for 23 from banggood so djd gets his points or
whatever and some other stuff and then used ALi express for a couple of
other things.
it took me about an hour to finalise my order on banggood. order
interface/address very clunky. wouldnt give me a county, no drop down
and wouldnt let me carry on with order until I selected a county from
the drop down it wouldnt show me! aaargh.
and each refresh meant typing it all in again. oh joy.

but done now.

Also.
My cousin just asked me to make a light for his microscope with variable
power with a super bright LED>
the flowery shaped affair.

easy I said! you can use an arduino to play with it and use pwm to
er...umm switch something...erm.

then I did some googling.
not that straight forward.

curses.

any suggestions on where to start? Id like to play with the arduino and
program it...because ive got one. but not sure what to drive LED with.

and then maybe use a pic or something. Im open to ideas.

oh and with that sensor kit.
I noticed that some of the sensors, have a rectangular blue pot with a
tiny 8 leg chip on them.
any idea what that chip would be about and would it make the sensors
voltage specific, ie, 3.3 as opposed to 5v , Pi /arduino etc?

ok cheerio