[Swansea Hackspace] ok wont be in.

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:36:07 GMT 2014

On 18/11/2014 10:43, Emyr Morris wrote:
> look at this Ian
>
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-LM2596-Buck-Regulator-Module-DC-DC-Step-Down-Adjustable-CC-CV-LED-Driver-/251510322961?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3a8f2ef711
>
> it has adjustable current o/p so perfect for controlling a LED, you
> could take off the potentiometer that controls the current and bring
> it out to the surface of your enclosure to a pot with a nice big knob
> on it ;-)
>
> oops!
>
> Emyr
>
> PS made it to the space in the end - and there starts a long story! LOL
>
> On 17 November 2014 19:47, Ian Bullfrog <sevendev.tk at gmail.com
> <mailto:sevendev.tk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     havent heard from the space, webcams down so not sure whats going
>     on tonight, so shall give it a miss.
>     was called Emyr to see if he was going... his brake lights have
>     failed on car, so you may/may not see him too.
>     if Dr Tim is there...say HI TIM... to him for me.
>
>     will try again.
>
>     ps.
>     Got the sensor kit for 23 from banggood so djd gets his points or
>     whatever and some other stuff and then used ALi express for a
>     couple of other things.
>     it took me about an hour to finalise my order on banggood. order
>     interface/address very clunky. wouldnt give me a county, no drop
>     down and wouldnt let me carry on with order until I selected a
>     county from the drop down it wouldnt show me! aaargh.
>     and each refresh meant typing it all in again. oh joy.
>
>     but done now.
>
>     Also.
>     My cousin just asked me to make a light for his microscope with
>     variable power with a super bright LED>
>     the flowery shaped affair.
>
>     easy I said! you can use an arduino to play with it and use pwm to
>     er...umm switch something...erm.
>
>     then I did some googling.
>     not that straight forward.
>
>     curses.
>
>     any suggestions on where to start? Id like to play with the
>     arduino and program it...because ive got one. but not sure what to
>     drive LED with.
>
>     and then maybe use a pic or something. Im open to ideas.
>
>     oh and with that sensor kit.
>     I noticed that some of the sensors, have a rectangular blue pot
>     with a tiny 8 leg chip on them.
>     any idea what that chip would be about and would it make the
>     sensors voltage specific, ie, 3.3 as opposed to 5v , Pi /arduino etc?
>
>     ok cheerio
>

> --
> Mob: 07836 267426

> are addressed.
>
> Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir gydag ef yn
> gyfrinachol ac at ddefnydd yr unigolyn neu'r corff y cyfeiriwyd hwy
> atynt yn unig.

Cheers Emyr.
took your advice on that dc to dc.
got a couple :)
for me to play around with, one for home etc.

so still gonna build mine, but, Ill have one to also play with now, working.
after modding it, I the heat shall be off so I can get on with designing
my own too :)

going to start setting up an etching thing for circuit boards etc too.
but need to move stuff around to make room. read...lots....of........stuff.
frick.

anyone have advice on the old etching thing? quantities of ferous
whateer it was? sourcing it etc.
ive got a uv lamp box with timer too, so dont know if I shoudl get the
UV clad stuff  could be handy :)

I just used to had draw before with an etch resisit pen.
results were...umm....primitive :)

ok tata

oh ps, my aliexpress and bangood orders have been processed and sent!
wow.
hello china!
oh and my blown up uni pc has....healed! it now runs. random. I checked
it late last night
Proteus and Ares on Windows and other programming things from uni days
and

SuSe Linux...being an arse and not booting correctly... no proper
xwindows...when it does then boot........
screen flickers off every so many seconds.
never had any luck with that distro on that machine and have stuck to it.
maybe its ubuntu o clock.
but... I think it did play music out of the box.
I liked that :)
or maybe not standard repo downloads, cant remember.
ok
its attic o clock for me, jsut got the lights in, and extension lead.
lets go have a look!
:)