[Swansea Hackspace] Spark IO

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:30:17 BST 2014

I got the chance to meet the team that developed the Spark platform at ThingsCon in Berlin this year - a friendly group of people! They gave every ThingsCon attendee a free Spark Core in their welcome pack, and ran a workshop where they gave away even more free stuff (relay shields etc.)

To be honest I haven’t played around with my Spark Core that much as my Arduino works just fine. From what I’ve heard the compile-upload cycle on the Spark can be quite long because it has to send the updated code over WiFi.

Interestingly, when Spark first tried to get funding on Kickstarter back in 2012 it failed, but when they relaunched in 2013 they got $567,968 for their $10k goal.