[Swansea Hackspace] Solar night light

djdavies83 djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:09:40 BST 2014

Hi guys, I'll be in from about 10:15 tomorrow to about 15:00 (apart from nipping out to get sprog between 13:30 to 14:00

My wife and I have been talking about getting Lily some kind of night light as she is now a little affraid of the dark, 6 years on sleeping in the dark and now she gets affraid.

Anyway, I don't want a mains powered lampnear her bed, I know 12v is an option but where's the fun in just biying something.

Battery powered would be good but I don't want to keep changing or charging batteries...

Last night we decided I would get one or two  solar garden lights from the poundshop, one white for light and maybe a colourfull dragonfly type and run a wire and split the pannel and light so it could charge up automatically in the day rather than having to take it down and put it in the window.

I thought I best as the hive mind, what would be best...

Extend the pannel away from the main body and circuitry?

Or

Keep pannel and circuitry close and extend the LED?

Ps could we add some 8 core alarm cable to the inventory for us to purchase by the meter?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251657903694&alt=web

The above 100m works out at 15p per meter to buy in, I sure most would be happy to pay 30-50p per meter for when the 30cm 5 core scraps I bring in are not good enough.

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.