[Swansea Hackspace] CNC Mill Progress

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Wed Oct 29 14:58:37 GMT 2014

On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 14:49 +0000, Graham Owens wrote:
> I would suggest a board a bit bigger than 160mm in each direction so
> that you have abed that can handle standard 100x160 pcb.  Also I can
> write you some gcode by hand for flattening, it's a doddle to do
> simple stuff like that.

I had been considering buying a small stock of copper clad boards in so
that there would be some to hand when people wanted it, but its sold in
so many sizes i was having trouble figuring out what would be the best
to go for.

I also read that FR2 board is considered better for milling, as its
easier to work than the now more common FR4 fibreglass boards.