[Swansea Hackspace] On train from London

Ceri Clatworthy ceri.clatworthy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 09:16:00 BST 2014

Thanks :)

this is my second go at building a CORE X-Y style printer,
Formally a 'H-BOT' design, (blue parts) that I started when Hackers was
still in the university !!

The advantage (hopefully) is that there are two belts, one giver clockwise
twist to the carriage,
the other gives CCW twist to the carriage - with the hot end attached.

Hopefully, the two twisting forces will cancel each other out,
whereas on the 'H-BOT' design, the twisting force is CW/CCW for +X/-X
therefore causing jamming !!

So far there are 7 parts, of which only 4 are unique.
excluding 1 part - repeated 8 times, which is a sleeve for some bearings, -
not sure if I really need them, or if I can engineer them out ?

To design & print:

Dolly, with Hot-End mount, and belt 'tie-offs'

Z upper mount, with Lead-screw stepper mount,
Z lower mount, with Lead-screw bushing,
Z carriage,
Table mount.

will use my extruder  design : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:292836

Tim counted the parts on 'our' printer, and he lost count at 35 !!!!!

Cheers, and thanks for watching

Ceri