[Swansea Hackspace] The dangers of playing with batteries

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 21:47:05 BST 2014

It seems from speaking to people that my posting the other day about Li
ion Batteries wasn't fully appreciated.
The point I was making is care is needed with them because they can
EXPLODE !

The example I used was from our member Telsa Gwynne's on-iine diary
where she wrote about her husband, Linux Guru, Alan Cox and his laptop.

It would appear that even with properly used and genuine batteries there
can be a risk because his laptop blew up one day!

Here is the link again http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/~telsa/boom/

Here is a youtube video where a laptop is rigged to fail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pizFsY0yjss

Neil