[Swansea Hackspace] FireWire Camera

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Thu Sep 18 11:10:43 BST 2014

that is the lens on the camera - it isn't really that telephoto in real
terms - for instance if it were on a Bolex camera it would give a nice
'wide'

the fact that this camera has such a small sensor means that it is only
seeing a tiny portion of the lens and appears to be telephoto.

This would make quite a wild webcam with this lens... especially if you had
a nice view across Swansea Bay - biggest drawback with this lens is the
manual iris

If I were to use this camera I might be tempted to get a lens with a
motorised iris so I could control the lens... shame it is Firewire and not
USB, it would be a lot more useful (with a RPi for instance) if it were USB
:-/

Looking on eBay earlier I saw some 150mm 'C' Mount telephoto lenses - with
something like that you could probably pick out Verdis Ice Cream from Cafe
Renos in Port Talbot! :-) Evil Scientist springs to mind...

The lens screws off easily and that big collar could come off in a jiffy

Em

On 18 September 2014 11:02, Ceri Clatworthy <ceri.clatworthy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> cool,
>
> is the photo without any additional lens ?
>
> Ceri
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Emyr Morris <em at preseli.com> wrote:
>
>> Ceri
>>
>> This is a screen cap from the camera
>>
>> The chimney is about 100m - no trickery on the computer - that is how
>> telephoto the lens is with such a small sensor.
>>

>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/egxz4aqrgp8de8u/Screenshot%202014-09-18%2010.25.09.png?dl=0
>>
>> Em
>>
>> --
>> Mob: 07836 267426
>>
>> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>> addressed.
>>
>> Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir gydag ef yn
>> gyfrinachol ac at ddefnydd yr unigolyn neu'r corff y cyfeiriwyd hwy atynt
>> yn unig.

Mob: 07836 267426