[Swansea Hackspace] Freaky Facebook Ads

djdavies83 djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:06:37 BST 2014

Yep, that's shapeways, Ive not used them myself but friends have bought timy stage coaches for their N gauge train sets, the detail is amazing, for more smouth and accurate that the fillament type, they used the powered building system.

Speaking about tin foil hats....

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Foil: http://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.

I've been using this interweb for a long time now and targeted ads are not
something that bother me much - I can not be bothered to clear all of my
cookies so I am well used to content being delivered to me based on my
habits on Amazon or eBay

BUT - today I was delivered this advert on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zgaoh8ki5t26zv/Screenshot%202014-09-18%2014.19.20.png?dl=0

you will recognise it as the design I downloaded from Thingiverse and
printed at the hackerspace - the latch for the flap that covers the hazard
triangle in the boot of my audi

not an advert from Thingiverse but an advert from a shop who will print it
for me and post it to me (I guess)

This is taking targeted advertising to a whole new level! I'm not sure to
be in awe or to be horrified!

I am not aware that I linked Facebook to Makerbot - I tend not to do things
like that - I will have to go back and check!

Off now to make a hat out of tin foil and to put a steel mesh over my
windows - the glass ones - I use a Mac ;-)

Em

--
Mob: 07836 267426