[Swansea Hackspace] Ali Express

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:19:35 BST 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 11:09 +0100, Neil Jones wrote:
> On 23/09/14 10:57, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> > I've yet to have an order from them not arrive, unlike ebay where it is
> > increasingly becoming a problem.
> >
> > btw that cheap android tablet i bought is this one:
> >
> > http://www.aliexpress.com/item//1887400659.html
>
> Have you tried BBC Iplayer on it? Does it work?

Yes, live and on-demand both work.
youtube etc works (not pre-installed, but Play store is)
SkyGo did not work, not on the list of approved devices.
but everything else has worked fine.

cpu/gpu is nice and fast, plays demanding stuff like minion rush fine,
screen quality is good, great viewing angles, speaker is run of the
mill, battery life could be better, and the case backing is cheap
plastic. but then what do you expect for £40!