[Swansea Hackspace] Linux tutorials

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Sun Apr 12 21:43:49 BST 2015

On Sun, 2015-04-12 at 13:49 +0100, djdavies83 wrote:
> Would it be possible to schedule some Linux tutorials?

sure

Although i will have to have a hard think about whats makes a good
introduction, its been such a long time since i have used anything but
linux.

> I would like to better understand the Linux version used at the
> hackspace, I'm also tempted to put Linux on an old system I have in
> the attic seen as Linux can be more reliable than windows.

The CNC Workstation is running Fedora https://getfedora.org/

Maybe I can do a workshop of installing Fedora Live on a USB stick, and
running through the basic tools and apps.

I'm sure someone else will volunteer to do similar for Ubuntu or some
other distribution.