[Swansea Hackspace] Laser Cutter - initial testing

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 15 16:34:00 BST 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-15 at 16:19 +0100, Ceri Clatworthy wrote:
> I found a pair of safety magnetic reed switches,
> but only 500mA
>

> RS 613-8195 & RS 613-8202
>

> If you want then i will bring them in - if I am in work Friday.

The laser tube interlock circuit, which is where we would want to
install it, is only going to be a logic level thing.

currently that circuit goes just to the 'laser on/off' toggle on the
panel, and would be the obvious place to install such things.

a more traditional E-Stop mushroom button could be inserted in the motor
control power lines if necessary, but we are less concerned about that
right now.