[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino Uno interface to a 3D printer stepper motor.

Tim Moore timmoore47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:23:59 BST 2015

I've been trying to get this working on a   28BYJ-48 with ULN2003 cheapest
stepper motor set up.

 Created 30 Nov. 2009
 by Tom Igoe

 */

#include <Stepper.h>

const int stepsPerRevolution = 1440;  // change this to fit the number of
steps per revolution
                                     // for your motor

// initialize the stepper library on pins 8 through 11:
Stepper myStepper(stepsPerRevolution, 8,9,10,11);

int stepCount = 0;         // number of steps the motor has taken

void setup() {
  // initialize the serial port:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  // step one step:
  myStepper.step(1);
  Serial.print("steps:" );
  Serial.println(stepCount);
  stepCount++;
  delay(100);
}

Spec:-

   -
   - Voltage : 5V
   - Diameter : 28mm
   - Step angle : 5.625 x 1 / 64
   - Reduction ratio : 1 / 64
   - 5 Line 4 phase
   - Current draw : 92mA
   - Operating Frequency : 100pps
   - Dimensions : 35mm x 28mm
   - 4 mounting holes
   - ULN2003 chip
   - A, B, C, D four-phase status LED

___

Now the divide by 64 seems to be a stumbling block ?

What I'm trying to do is use the 1.8 degree characteristic to get 100
pulses to achieve a total rotation of 180 degrees to the shaft.

A period of anything up to two minutes is fine for the 180 degree rotation.

So far it twitches a bit but not much else e.g. not very exciting.

Should the   stepsPerRevolution = 1440 be changed to stepsPerRevolution =
6400 ?

Maybe I've got the Arduino pins a tad wrong ?

:  )

Tim_1