[Swansea Hackspace] Laser cutting?

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:17:26 GMT 2015

Hi there,

While we’re still waiting on pledges for our own laser cutter (http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Equipment/LaserCutter <http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Equipment/LaserCutter>) I was wondering whether anybody knows where I can get some larger-format laser cutting work done in Swansea? I basically want to cut a box (based on an existing open-source design, example in .svg format attached) where the larger sides measure 500mm and 450mm respectively (which means the CNC mill in the space is a bit too small for the job ;)

I was thinking of using the laser-cutting service RazorLab (http://www.razorlab.co.uk <http://www.razorlab.co.uk/>) but their maximum size is 790x384mm.

Cheers,
Gerrit