[Swansea Hackspace] Esp8266 workshop

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Wed Jan 7 11:17:17 GMT 2015

I made this little breadboard adapter last night - something is wrong
somewhere as CoolTerm wan't talk the the ESP8266 yet... the red lights up,
everything is set to 3.3V so I should be cooking...

Looking at the toolchains most seem suited to Windoze or Debian (I use Mac
- not too dissimilar under the hood) but I am just a tiny bit lost with all
the instructions, I'm not very familiar with compiling binaries

I might look at some of my old laptops and see if I can re-purpose one for
Debian, it wouldn't be a bad idea