[Swansea Hackspace] Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) training - Foundation licence and exam

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Mon Jan 12 10:33:09 GMT 2015

yes, that is a problem... the training and exam will be at CWMDUAD, in the
community centre.

They are the only club with an active training program that we know about
at the moment - and the reason we know, Trevor one of the trainers is the
RSGB chap who oversees exams at other clubs as a validator, so he knows
what is going on everywhere.

If you can get a train to Carmarthen (be there for 6:30pm) I could give you
a lift up to Cwmduad.

I understand there are others in Swansea who want to do the exam so with a
bit of luck if you can make the first one a lift might materialise in the
future. Tim will grab the train and I will take him back into Swansea after
the

To explain the Cwmduad idiocy - the club chairman is the chairman of the
Cwmduad Village Hall where the club meets - it was a temporary arrangement
that has lasted several years now. In fairness a few of the members schlep
down from Cardigan, others come up from Carmarthen. One comes from
Ammanford and I'm the one that travels the most, from Pontardawe.

Em

Mob: 07836 267426