[Swansea Hackspace] Raspberry Pi - kiosk mode

Iain Menzies-Runciman ming at gwndwn.org.uk
Sat Jan 24 09:04:51 GMT 2015

Another option would be to use WebSockets

Create a WebSocket Server (I am using https://pypi.python.org/pypi/websockets <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/websockets> for one of my projects)

Then create a WebSocket call from within the Web Page.

Your server could then not only supply any changes dynamically, it could then also act as a watchdog timer on the requests from the client - e.g. if it has not been asked for a information refresh in X minutes, then it is a fair guess that there is something wrong.

If want more details about how it could work, let me know.

Regards,
Ming