[Swansea Hackspace] Free freee free!

Davies T. t.davies at swansea.ac.uk
Thu Jul 9 21:25:15 BST 2015

Dear Justin et al,

Sorry to hit you with a plethora of replies,
I am dealing with each question as it appears!

The Hung Chang meters are digital, similar to
the first gen of Fluke meters.

Yes the supplies are variable, both in V and I.
Very neat, about the size of ... no good, my simile
engine has failed. Have to resort to actual measurement.

There is only one LCR bridge, David has set it
aside especially for the hackers. It is a flat object,
about the size of an expensive box of chocs (whew,
the simile engine is working again!)

There is ONE Hitachi CRO left, a bit dented.
HOWEVER, there is a lovely Tektronix 7603
with plug-ins which is good for 200MHz!

I agree about the R and C substitution boxes,
no use for them myself, I always get the value
right first time.

Transistor curve tracers are entertaining, but again
not much use day to day.

Regards

Timothy