[Swansea Hackspace] Next Technical Events?

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:17:48 BST 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 13:46 +0000, Richard Morgan wrote:
> Hi Emyr,
> Thanks for the summary - I miss the Monday nights. :-)
We should perhaps make more effort to post a summary like this every
week, might help those that can't always make it along and entice
others.

> I understand the move is coming(ish) but it takes people a while to
> get passes from Family, organise their time to attend the events - so
> it wouldn't do any harm to put some of the more 'flexible' events that
> don't rely on fixed equipment (i.e. Python, Origami, GIT, Typesetting,
> wearables ones) to be scheduled in. We can always run the event in a
> different Techhub room if we need to...

It is very disheartening for the people that have made the effort to put
on workshops when nobody turns up to them, we need to make sure that we
are running events that people actually want and will turn up to.

or we need to run more group events that don't need a specific person to
put in all the effort, for example would people be interested in a
monthly table top gaming night if we scheduled one?

To help with getting the scheduling right, could people please indicate
which evenings they would prefer events happened on, as i know a few
people have clashes on thursdays.

http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Polls/Workshops

> I'm just keen! The wire-wrap jewellery one is what I'm waiting for :-)
It doesn't rank very highly alas.