[Swansea Hackspace] Rumber

Tom Lake tswsl1989 at sucs.org
Sat Mar 7 18:56:53 GMT 2015

Quick progress report from Tim and myself:

On 06/03/15 16:06, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> suggestions are that the chip should come with the DFU bootloader
> pre-installed, in which case you use dfu-programmer to load the
> usb-serial code.
The smaller of the two chips has been flashed using dfu-programmer
(v0.7.1 works). It needed a forced erase cycle before it would update

> For reference: the previous chip, when wired in ISP more did not answer
> to avrdude, giving only 0xFFFF as answers. whereas the 2560 chip would.

We also reflashed the 2560 with the arduino bootloader using my arduino,
but cannot get it to talk to a PC directly over USB.

Sending data from PC to the board makes the TX light on the board flash,
but no activity seen from the RX light.

The only suggestion from us is that there might be a bad connection
between the two ICs on the Rumba board. Might be something to follow up
on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

- Tom