[Swansea Hackspace] Can we help?

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Mon Mar 23 11:12:53 GMT 2015

I have sent this message to the team.

As for child protection I have some experience from filming with children
and from organising Festivals.

The rule is simple. NO LONE WORKING.

Parents are always present, nobody is to be alone with the child.

The risk is not one of us interfering with the child, but the child/parents
making untrue allegations that we have done something to their child.

there should always be two of us, the child and at least one parent at each
meeting.

I thought about e-nable because of the growth issues Ceri outlined... a 20K
hand which theya re looking to get will soon be pretty useless when he
outgrows it. The maybe less functional 3d printed hand may lack some
functionality but is a great stop gap until they can  raise huge funds for
an expensive prosthetic

so... here is my message to the team

"Have you come across the E-Nable project?

The e-nable project uses 3d printed 'hands' which cost very little to make.

This is ideal especially for youngsters like Alan as he will quickly
outgrown an expensive prosthetic limb and will soon need a replacement.

I am a member of the Swansea Hackspace, and we meet on Monday nights at 7pm
on the 4th floor of the Tech Hub building on Wind Street. (Green gates
opposite Nando's)

We have a 3d printer and lots of clever people who can design and make
things on the printer.

Would you like to come along on a Monday night to meet us?

We could have a chat and see if we could help Alan by making a hand or
hands for him?

Best regards

Emyr
Swansea Hackspace"