[Swansea Hackspace] Brass Fittings for melting things :)

Graham Owens grahamowensuk at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 14:45:32 BST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am DESPERATE to find a brass fitting as follows.

1/2" (POSSIBLY 3/4") male threaded - not 100% sure what thread but it is
the one that fits into cookers etc (NOT the bayonet end, the end that
screws into the cooker, or bbq or whatever) and an 8mm hose barb on the
other end.

Or even a set of adaptors that will allow a connection from the threaded
end to the barb.

Something like this

http://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/shop/79/09/24/6/m-1-2-x-8mm-barbs-connector-male-hose-connector-plumbing-fittings-no-10022_1240316.jpg

if you have anything like it lying around, in a box in your shed,  could
you please bring it with you, and we can arrange a trade.

Last week i finally got round to getting:

Propane Bottle (FULL)
Adjustable Propane Regulator
Duel Burners
Sand
Bentonite Clay
Gas Hose
Hose Clamps

and already have the furnace, spare refractory, mould boxes, crucible,
safety gear and tongs.

So this really is the last thing I need, and the trade could be in the form
of an aluminium casting of your choosing - nothing too big or complex - as
it has been a loooong time since I have done any casting.

Also looking to experiment on 'Lost 3D Print - Casting' if anyone is
interested.

Thanks Again