[Swansea Hackspace] Meridian tower soldering kit

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:20:44 BST 2015

Hi there! :)

Inspired by the Blinky Buildings Kit (
http://www.lunchboxelectronics.com/product/blinkybuildings) from the book
"Building Open Source Hardware", I wanted to make a soldering kit that
features Swansea's Meridian Tower instead of the boring old Empire State
building.

What does it do? You can program the little microcontroller to have the 20
LEDs blink different sequences (using charlieplexing).

I'm attaching a draft(!) image of what the board will look like. (For
example, I still want to do manual routing instead of auto-routing, and
move the components around to include a coin-cell battery holder). If you'd
be interested in getting a board like this, let me know!

Cheers,
Gerrit

PS - The tower silkscreen was re-mixed from a design by Jade Lundie who
works in TechHub - you can see her her original design on Dribble:
https://dribbble.com/shots/2021302-Sky-Tower
​