[Swansea Hackspace] 3d Printer...

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Tue Nov 10 11:53:02 GMT 2015

Fellow hackers

I was lusting over Ceri's magic 3d printer that is in the hackspace last
night... the one Ceri has for sale and it struck me and another fellow
hackee that maybe the Hackspace should buy the printer off Ceri...

Granted there are cheaper alternatives such as these

single extruder prusa i3 kits start at £170
http://www.aliexpress.com/item//2026704108.html

dual extruder ones from around £240
http://www.aliexpress.com/item//32319370910.html

these may attract customs charges when we bring them in, and we would need
to build them too... Ceri's printer has already been built plus we would
have support from member Ceri who designed and built it! :-)

Ceri is asking 285, I would like to propose we start a pledge fund, and to
start the ball rolling I am prepared to throw in my cap to the tune of £40

six more pledges to the same amount and we are almost at Ceri's asking
price, we would then have a second printer so we don't have to hang around
while we are waiting for somebody else to finish using the printer :-)

Kind regards

Emyr