[Swansea Hackspace] Build your own robot course

David Davies-Day djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:55:38 GMT 2015

I'm interested, granted there is time to save up before the start of the course,  though Christmas etc would probably stop me, if it would be possible to pay £10 on each of the first 4 parts of the course the cost would be a lot more manageable.

Is there an official YouTube channel for the hackspace/this course?

I would be happy to run one, or to run an unofficial segment (with permission) of the space my channel once I start producing videos again.

I also plan to start a course of similar length and timing on "building your first plane" in the new year, maybe following on after Justin's course, I'll also be looking for ideas on structure etc.

If someone experienced would do do a course on video editing, green screen and other effects I would join that course.

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.

I have previously hinted about a course i plan to run starting early
next year, and i wanted to get a little feedback from the community on
what they think of the idea, and any suggestions you might have.

The intention is to run a 6 to 8 part course, for example every other
wednesday evening for a few of months.

Each session would be focused on one portion of the robot, how it
worked, assembling those parts, and testing them.

At the end of course everyone would have their own working robot system,
and we would run some simple competitions in line following, maze
solving, etc.

I am estimating that the whole course would cost about £40 for members,
and would include all of the hardware required.

It would look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/MUWSOYr.jpg

Are many of you interested in this ?

Do you have any suggestions/questions before i organise it ?

thanks