[Swansea Hackspace] New member and some tools

Aled punkaled at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 07:56:36 GMT 2015

Hi, just joined up, came down a couple weeks ago to meet some of you and have a look around, thought I'd say hi on here as well.

I have a load of tools at home here, however I live in a flat so some of them are just sitting in a cupboard and don't see much use as I don't have the room to work on anything and thought they might be appreciated at the hackspace, what's the deal with loaning gear to the space?

There's a few things I thought might be useful: oscilloscope (though I did notice you already have a few), some wood working tools, a small router table and also my small bench top bandsaw. The bandsaw can be bolted to a bench or I also have a fairly crude stand for it on castors, it also has a built in disc sander so is quite handy for small wood and acrylic projects.

Would they be useful to anyone? Is there room? And are there any safety issues? (PAT testing, training, people sawing/sanding their own fingers off etc.)

Cheers,
Aled.