[Swansea Hackspace] Second 3D Printer

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Mon Nov 23 10:46:47 GMT 2015

Ladies and Gents

I put forward the proposal that the collective buys the 3d printer that
Ceri has for sale. This is his famous Core XY printer that he has designed
from scratch.

All he wants for this beast of a machine is £285, which is basically the
cost of the electronics. The box, the plastic parts he has printed, the
various rods and belts are all basically free.

Most of you will have witnessed Ceri bringing bits of it into the space to
show us as he designed that aspect of the printer and watched while he
coded the thing to move in circles... and then eventually when he brought
in various prints he has made on it.

While the box isn't pretty, it is very sturdy, it prints in very fine
layers and in the mode it is currently configured it prints direct from a
SD card.

The printer could accommodate a second extruder. I've added a stretch goal
of an extra £40 to make that happen. (We can do this for less if anybody
has a spare stepper motor they can contribute)

We have set up a pledge fund to buy this printer... I know crimbo is just
round the corner, but this is too good an opportunity to miss

http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Equipment/SecondPrinter

Chip in what you can... we don't need much cash to buy this! I've put my
money where my mouth is, it wouldn't take many pledges to give is a spare
3d printer so more than one person can make a print at any given time.

Thanks again for reading and for making this happen

Emyr