[Swansea Hackspace] Fwd: CBBC's Absolute Genius

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Sep 3 12:13:58 BST 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Lisa Young <Lisa.Young at bbc.co.uk>
To: 'info at swansea.hackspace.org.uk' <info at swansea.hackspace.org.uk>
Subject: CBBC's Absolute Genius
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:33:16 +0000

Good morning

My name is Lisa and I work at BBC Children’s for Dick and Dom’s Absolute
Genius.

We have a fantastic opportunity and are currently looking for tech savvy
children to be a part of the show.

We are now taking applications to crown our very own ‘Absolute Tech
Genius’- a CBBC viewer who has a passion for technology and a fantastic
idea for a new piece of technology that could help change children’s
lives.

Eight children will be invited to film with us, where they’ll undergo a
series of tech-based challenges as well as presenting their ideas to a
panel of judges. From here, only three will be selected to continue to
hone their ideas on avery special trip to the USA.

I wondered if this opportunity could be passed on to the children and
parents that follow Swansea Hackspace on your social medias.

All further details and application form can be found on our website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/joinin/absolute-tech-genius-be-on-a-show

Applications are open for children aged 9-13 and closes on Monday 14th
September.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa Young

Researcher
Ground Floor. Bridge House. BBC MediaCityUK. Salford. M50 2BH