[Swansea Hackspace] TechHub Repair Cafe

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Dec 15 19:41:59 GMT 2016

On Thu, 2016-12-15 at 18:51 +0000, Paul Harwood wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have been toying with the idea of setting up a repair cafe in
> TechHub’s new cafe.

I believe The Environment Centre in Swansea have run a number of repair
parties in association with The Restart Project in the past, we have
had a few people find us through our contacts there. So it is probably
worth talking to them about their experience.

> We are hopefully starting a project with PiCymru
> too - to offer a tech lending library of sorts out of the cafe or
> the Furnace event space.
We too have a small lending library of tech items, although there has
been little interest in ours we dont know if that is through lack of
awareness or demand. I'm sure we can figure out some sort of reciprocal
deal there on any items of interest we have.

> Any thoughts on this? Would people use it? Would it be seen as
> unwanted competition for Hackspace? Could Hackspace be involved if it
> went ahead?

We always like to try and get involved in related activities around the
city, whilst finding the manpower can be a challenge we are certainly
open to discussing ideas to see what we can work out.