[Swansea Hackspace] [Announce] Wirework Jewellery Making Workshop

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Sun Jun 26 17:15:25 BST 2016

When: 1-3pm Saturday 16th July
What: Wirework Jewellery Making Workshop
Who: Members and their guests. £3 per head
Img: http://imgur.com/PI7lrTF

This will be a workshop in the basic techniques for constructing
jewellery using wire and beads. We will cover the tools and equipment
you need, how to shape and form the wire, how to combine different types
of beads to make for example earrings, necklaces and bracelets. The
various types of wire will be provided, along with a selection of beads
in various materials from glass and plastic through to semi precious
stones.

You will require a pair of Round Nose pliers to work with, also a pair
of Chain Nose jewellery (ie without serrated grip) pliers is
recommended. plus wire snips are useful, flush cut ones for preference.

These can be bought online easily, also from local crafting stores
(e.g. Hobbycraft, The Range, etc). We suggest this set for £4.99 or any
similar: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//311405311604

You are welcome to bring children, we have a range of beads and
threading materials so that even the younger ones can make their own
bracelets, whilst older children are welcome to try the wire techniques
with the adults.