[Swansea Hackspace] Project

Aled punkaled at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 10:32:55 GMT 2016

You could even do this without a micro controller, a simple circuit using a 555 timer chip would work to control the relay and cost only a few pennies.

Here is an example of a circuit to control a relay-

http://www.555-timer-circuits.com/servo-tester.html

You could then use a rotary knob to control the position of the claw, or modify the circuit for open and closed positions with 2 buttons and a capacitor.

Aled.