[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino Mega and Nema 17 motors

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue May 3 21:47:24 BST 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 21:01 +0100, Richard Morgan wrote:
> I expect to need several multi and maybe single pin 'wire-to-board'
> connectors as part of the project, are there any preferred
> standards/suppliers I should lean towards? Also, I'm looking at 28AWG
> wire to use for the wiring on the multi-rotor project, any advice on
> this also...?

CPC has has quite a lot of stuff, and only £5 spend to get free
postage.

hobbytronics has a small set if stuff quite cheaply, and i used them
for quite a few things before cpc dropped their minimum order price.

i see a lot of JST connectors used in radio control, batteries often
using the 2-pin red JST(-RCY?) slide fit connectors for wire-to-wire.

the balance connector on lipo batteries often being JST-XH which is a
small wire-to-board connector.

and all the LED strip projects seem to use JST-SM wire-to-wire locking
connectors.

most of these can be bought pre-wired as well as the crimp parts if you
dont fancy doing crimping yourself.