[Swansea Hackspace] Flip dot displays...

Nathan Hackett nhackett1 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 22:36:17 BST 2016

Hi all, thanks for the replies! I work overnight Fri and Sat so I'm afraid
I posted my message then went straight to bed sorry!

David you're right we could fabricate something similar, but it would
probably end up much more expensive for a panel this size. 96x16 pixels at
£200 is an incredible 13p per flip-dot. There's more than enough hacking to
do to get them connected anyway. It might be cool to attempt some 7-segment
mechanical displays though? Much more manageable for a DIY project.

The guy also has some nice looking 20x14 units for £64.99 which maybe
someone is interested in? Ultimately I'll be picking up one of these myself
regardless - it seems the technology is being superseded by LEDs and I want
to get one before they all disappear.

Brian your point about shop displays is precisely why I started looking for
these in the first place... ;-)