[Swansea Hackspace] Machine room + Milling Machine

Tom Lake tswsl1989 at sucs.org
Tue Jul 11 15:47:50 BST 2017

While I am glad to see that the milling machine is being used,
apparently the use of the hoover and paper towels eludes some of our
membership.

So let me remind everyone (again) that the space needs to be left
clean, tidy and usable by other members.
The back of the machine room was covered in metal filings and oily
residue. This may have been there sometime - I haven't paid close
attention for the last few weeks.

I am not (at this point) particularly interested in who did what and
when - can everyone please remember to clear *all* waste material after
you finish a job and leave the room ready to be used by other people.
This includes wiping lubricants off the surrounding area. There was a
puddle of the stuff (I assume WD40?) under the CNC mill and controller.

Given the extent of the metal filing spread I feel that there should be
no further metal cutting using the CNC mill until a suitable
capture/extraction method is in place - the CNC controller, PC interface
and the PC itself are all vulnerable to short circuits as they are
either exposed or vented.

- Tom